Friday, April 16, 2010

A wonderful interview in Microsoft

This Monday I went to Seattle for an interview with Microsoft. Before the interview day I didn't know anything about the team and products. I was thinking both Windows and Azure should be the greatest option for me. And it turned out to be Windows team who interviewed me!!! I mean, for this team, I don't need to explain anything about it to my parents and girlfriend. On the contrast, I could hardly explain what is an ESB(Enterprise Service Bus) to my father which is more or less one category of the products I have been working with in IBM:(

The whole interview was quite pleasant. I met different people from different teams in Windows. All of them are just genius and expert. I frequently find out my bottleneck of knowledge in various areas. But still, the questions are intelligent and demand much thinking. I am quite lucky because those coding and algorithm problems are not that super super difficult and my knowledge base has covered pretty much of their questions (though quite a lot of my knowledge just stays on the surface of those difficult topics like virtualization, cloud computing, encryption and so on)

After about 7 hours' interview, I went back to the hotel and continued with my course project due the next day. Microsoft is really generous, they paid almost all things for me so that I could come here relaxed and go back comfortably. And the next day after I arrived at Vancouver and checked my email, I got the offer from them! Windows team! So for the remaining hours I sent tens of emails to my friends around the world, telling them my success! Maybe it is not a big deal for other people, but for me, it is simply the best thing I could image before. I called my girlfriend, she was still sleeping:P, but I woke her up and told her the news and she was just mumbling there, not sure whether she heard my words or not:P

Before I would say anything about my preparation, I should thank all those who helped with selflessly: my girlfriend is always supporting me, without her I would never succeed in doing anything; my friends in IBM are my best tutors, teachers and friends, hope that they will always be healthy and have a happy life; my best friends in Montreal and Spain have affected me so much that I would not be able to do anything in a correct way without them; also, my DDP program classmates also give me quite a bit suggestions which prepared me a lot; thanks to Microsoft, giving me the opportunity to contribute my capability and passion to Windows team; finally, thanks to all those books in my computer, they have done a good job shaping me to a "smart" programmer:)

For myself, thanks to my body, which cooperated with me a lot during the preparation:) Nice job, body buddy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment