Sunday, April 4, 2010

I am not good at understanding "Art"

This Saturday I went to Vancouver Art Gallery for my IAT course. It's my first time to go to an art exhibition. I charged my camera and arrived there in the morning. They are currently exhibiting Leonardo Da Vinci's works of anatomy drafts. The drawing looks quite natural and detailed. It is very difficult to persuade myself that all of these were done by manual drawing instead of some AutoCAD or Maya works.

Also there are some other artists's works. One of the authors named E.J. Hughes has very nice oil paintings. His work "comex valley, 1953" uses very several warm colors to depict a peaceful village beside a river(or a lake). The orange and yellow grass reminds me my childhood when I liked to play with a bunch of kids around piles of straw.

However, there are more art works that I could not understand their meaning. Some have very abstract shapes. Even if I read the description of the art work, I may not know what the author is trying to express..... I am really not good at "feeling the nature"...

Anyway, it is still a good experience to go there. Sometimes we should get away from computers and look for something more natural:)

No comments:

Post a Comment